Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition
JD Edwards Enterprise One has provided a reporting solution based on Oracle’s BI Publisher since JD Edwards Enterprise One 8.96 Tools release. The solution was extended with JD Edwards Enterprise One 8.97 Tools release by integrating the embedded BI Publisher reports into JD Edwards Enterprise One life cycle management. The solution has been further extended in JD Edwards Enterprise One 8.98 Tools release to support interactive reports. Interactive reports are created, managed and processed in the Oracle BI Publisher Enterprise toolset. The embedded reports continue to be created, managed and processed using the JD Edwards Enterprise One toolset.
BI Publisher reduces the high cost of producing, customizing, and maintaining business documents. Built on the open XSLFO (Extended standard, it provides a full range of reporting capabilities, including charts, formulas, watermarks, and graphics. Using a set of familiar desktop tools, users can create and maintain their own report formats based on data extracts from JD Edwards Enterprise One reports. The following example shows sample documents generated by BI Publisher: Introduction to BI Publisher for JD Edwards Enterprise One.
The flexibility of BI Publisher is a result of the separation of the report layout from the data. The data collection is still handled by JD Edwards Enterprise One; however, you can design and control how the report outputs are presented using template files. At runtime, BI Publisher merges your designed template files with the report data to create a variety of outputs to meet various business needs, including:
- Customer-ready PDF documents, such as financial statements, marketing materials, contracts, invoices, and purchase orders using colors, images, font styles, headers and footers, and many other formatting and design options.
- HTML output for optimum online viewing.
- Excel output to create a spreadsheet of your report data.
- Third-party provided PDF documents. You can download a PDF document (such as a government form) to use as a template for your report. At runtime, the data and template produce a completed form.
- Flat text files to exchange with business partners for electronic data interchange (EDI) and electronic file transfer (EFT) transmissions.
- You can create batch applications using JD Edwards Enterprise One Report Design Aid to produce XML output that is compatible with BI Publisher.
BI Publisher for JD Edwards Enterprise One enables you to:
- Create report layouts using familiar desktop applications. Embedded and Interactive BI Publisher Reporting Understanding BI
- Publisher for JD Edwards Enterprise One.
- Format batch application output.
- Automatically distribute reports email.
- Leverage a single batch report to generate multiple different end-user reports.
- Define and manage report definitions.
- Burst a report to a variety of recipients based on data-driven metrics or specified distribution lists.
Whether you are deploying a new software solution as part of a broader technology initiative, or adding new capability to your existing systems, we can help. Our team of over 120 highly experienced Oracle and SAP consultants and industry project methodology provide a proven, cost-effective combination to implement solutions that drive better business results.
Our Process and Implementation methodology is based on principles outlined by the Project Management /Agile, years of project experience and lessons learned. We focus on people and process first, software and technology second to ensure we are jointly developing solutions that are aligned with your business objectives. We are continually refining and improving the process and procedures to ensure successful implementation projects.
Our Implementation project methodology:
- Ensures effective project management and collaboration
- Guides implementation tasks; configuration, testing and documentation
- Organizes and directs technology tasks Installation, interface, conversion, print forms, workflows, modifications, reports, etc.
- Provides training opportunities, transfer of knowledge and documentation
The business challenges of the past few years have forced businesses large and small to reevaluate strategy and reduce spending. Belt tightening initiatives made investing in new information technologies like version upgrades and software migrations seem like a bad idea. But while many businesses were putting projects on hold, some forward-looking organizations took a hard look at the business case decided that the time was right to upgrade technology, expand functionality and increase efficiency. PCB is helping these companies to emerge from the recession, stronger, smarter, and more responsive.
As the economy moves from recession to recovery, it’s more important than ever to take a proactive approach to systems and technology to anticipate, evaluate and respond to new challenges with innovative solutions. Now is the time to analyze your business to determine how your organization can benefit from the latest functionality and best practices. The decision to move forward with a version upgrade or software migration is easier when the business case shows that system and process improvements can reduce day-to-day operating costs and improve business results.
Upgrades and migrations are core business here at PCB. Our clients rely on us to provide the most effective and efficient upgrade support. Customer loyalty has given us extensive upgrade and migration experience and industry leading expertise, but what really sets our team apart from competition is our proprietary approach and specialized tools.
Our methodology is more than just a defined series of project work steps, it is an aggregation of Oracle-specific best practices for tool and version upgrades, incorporating lessons learned from years of upgrade projects.